Thursday, June 9, 2011

visiting the Sekolah Pelita Harapan (Light of Hope) School

Today we went to a second home for your children in Indonesia! Yes, your three year-old through senior in high school can be educated there! Please believe me....visit www.sph.edu/sphcikarang/index.php/home.html for confirmation.  Okay, it cost 75 million (rupiah not dollars:)) to attend this school!  That is $9000.00 (of your USA dollars) per academic year to attend this prestigious private Christian school!  The school had an olympic sized swimming pool, catfish pond and few other luxurious amenities inside the enclosed campus!  Security personnel greeted us at the door and took the drivers identification...it reminded me of the times of driving on a military base!  Okay so I will not bore you with all the educational lingo go to www.ibo.org for that!  Now we have live video of me dancing in Indonesia at this school, and pictures of me playing Indonesian games (& Duck Goose....thanks Vijay for teaching me that one again....it has been over 35 years since I played that one!).....yes pictures and video will all be on the blog!  Now for you folks that may be curious....I was doing the Indonesian version of the electric slide and some other dances too!  I have no clue how to spell them....but you know I will find out!
Now, if you wish to hear something personal.....I used an eastern toliet!!!! Hindu Squats (watching my husband do them) prepared me for how to use that!  It was a balancing act!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay! I was an Indonesian musician today too! I got my groove on playing the Angklung (an instrument from Sunda, Indonesia.....not the Sudan like I thought the folks were saying....well heck fire I thought they borrowed it from Africa!!!!!!!! )

1 comment:

  1. Trying to say Duck Duck Goose....you know what it is right?!!!

    ReplyDelete