Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Indonesian Jr. Colleagues

My Indonesian junior colleagues wear the best jackets.  Check out the orange jackets of these students.  In America we may call this a uniform.  Indonesians have a way of wearing these suit jackets! They look distinguished.  You are assured to have a conversation that will be worth your time.  A stimulating conversation that may provide you with insight about Indonesia might I add.  They (the junior colleagues pictured here in orange blazers) wanted to know what I thought about Indonesia.  So I will let you know just what I shared with many junior colleagues who asked what I thought of Indonesia
1.       I would like to make a difference in some person’s life especially a child’s life.  I would like to give what I have because I realize that perhaps I may have just a little too much (even in my suitcases and my daily snack box).  I gave away 6 t-shirts on yesterday and just might leave some clothing with a man standing on the streets of Cikarang  (pronounced Chika Rung).  I also shared my snack boxes with people rather than putting all the contents (that I did not like) in the trash.
2.  I would like to pick up the trash.  This may take away a person’s employment opportunity but hey I just do not like litter! 
3.  I will return to Indonesia. It shall be!
In the words of Billy, my junior colleague attending President University on full tuition scholarship, “I am grateful for what I have”!
Terima Kasih Lord! (Thank You Lord!)

No comments:

Post a Comment