Sunday, June 12, 2011

More fun times in Indonesia & Industrial/Village Indonesia

Today, June 12, 2011, Sunday, on the way to a fun place that is titled Indonesia National Park (Indonesian name coming soon so you can google it & pics too!)....I saw children sliding on the palm tree leaves just as American children slide down a slide in the playgrounds, children playing soccer, and an entire family riding on a motorcycle through the soccer field while goats, sheeps, chickens, and cows....everybody moved through the soccer fields together! You talk about having fun in the fields.
From the fields to the table....I am enjoying the Indonesian foods....Iowa family and friends try out the Bali Sati House on Lincoln Way.   Mom (& my fellow moms with children) please google Sesame Street Indonesia.....they love Elmo here! Go ahead Kevin Clash....I am proud of you brother!
So from Professor John Mewburn....I learn something everyday!
Okay listen to this...I am in Cikarang, Indonesia @ President University!  PU was built in the industrial heartland of Indonesia to produce  English speaking administrators for namely...Mattel, Sanyo, Ernst & Young....now you do not get that impression as you travel through the streets of Cikarang (pronounced Chika Rung)...I feel like I am in the villages of Indonesia....Jakarta  has its villages and its city side too.  My husband....I love me some Vladimir, has provided encouragement for me to appreciate what I have in America. So in this last post of the evening....I am grateful for the following:
1. top sheets (Indonesian do not use them because it is hot here)
2. hot water (Indonesian do not use hot water because it is hot here)
3. litter free streets and home ((Indonesian dump there garbage anywhere)
4. toliets that are free (Yes, I paid 2000 Rupiah for a clean place to urinate and got a receipt)
5. English speaking Indonesians
6. Indonesian speaking Americans, Australians, or any other nationality
7. all the roaches and flies that I killed as a child (I am the official bug killer in our living quarters and I am not afraid:))
8. the opportunity to study abroad
9. to have a supportive husband and mother to care for my babies
10. & you for following this blog!
stay tuned.....
I am having the time of my life!  I have danced and laughed so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment