Sunday, June 12, 2011

Boiling Grass and Burning Coconuts

You  know I am going to move the family to a country outside the United States of America....Vijay and I are not learning Chinese for nothing, Vladimir and I are not learning Portugese just to be learning, and heavens knows I did not spend 2+ years learning French in high school!
 We have got to add international plans to our family mission in writing....look out Brazil!
As it turns out....last year Grandma Sarah (Vladimir's grandmother) talked about how the recession did not impact her....because she could survive by boiling grass! Well Grandma Sarah....the Indonesians survive by boiling coconuts for charcoal! (picture coming soon):)
Saturday, June 11, 2011, I ran a hash run in Ciburbu, Indonesia woods....no lie the goats, chickens, roosters sheep, monkeys, and small children & families were in the woods having so much fun!! So we decided to join in the fun times....It reminded me of running through the woods in Sweet Home, Arkansas!  Many were out of their element....I connected with the Indonesian woods....now the funny part is our trail was shredded paper, white paint marks on trees and plants, and X marked the wrong turn!  It was fun....Iowa family and friends let us join the Hash Run in Cedar Falls, Iowa!
By the way, the Indonesian families know how to relax relate and release STRESS!
Pictures are coming.....just thought I would blog about what I saw on yesterday.....

Limited internet access...blogging when I can!!!!!
If you have contact with my family and friends in Arkansas, Georgia, and Iowa....tell them that I am all right & is enjoying the journey but can not post or blog as often as I would like! Blessings to my beloved Americans.....

1 comment: