Friday, June 17, 2011

Mango Tree planted June 17, 2011

I shall not I shall not be moved.....just like a tree that is planted by the water. I shall not be moved!  Sing with me....God bless Mrs. King from Zion Hill Baptist Church Sweet Home, Arkansas for teaching me this song years ago...almost 35 years ago!  May the mango tree that I just planted touch many souls and provide nourishment to all in Indonesia!
Per Wikipedia....
The mango is the most consumed fruit in the world. Mango is used to make juices, smoothies, ice cream, fruit bars, raspados, aguas frescas, pies and sweet chili sauce, or mixed with chamoy, a sweet and spicy chili paste. It is popular on a stick dipped in hot chili powder and salt or also as a main ingredient in fresh fruit combinations.  Mangoes account for approximately half of all tropical fruits produced worldwide. Indonesia is one of the top producers of mangoes....just like Iowa is the top producer of maize/corn! Knowledge is power!
Cikarang! (Pronounced Chika Rung is where I am staying most of the 17 days)
Terima Kasih (Thank you in Indonesian):)
I am loving it all!  Vladimir, mom, Vijay, and Victoria we are going to an Indonesian restaurant when I return to the USA! Stephanie Harden-Kendrick....little sister I will cook Indonesian food for you!:)

Top producers of mangoes, mangosteens, guavas, 2008-9
CountryProduction in millions of tons
 India
~ 13.6
 People's Republic of China
4.2
 Thailand
2.5
 Indonesia
2.2
 Mexico
~ 1.9
 Pakistan
~ 1.8
 Brazil
~ 1.2
 World total
34.9
Key ~ 2008 data
Source Food And Agricultural Organization of United Nations: Economic And Social Department: The Statistical Division

2 comments:

  1. Is the food spicy? What type of meat is favored? Please don"t say goat!! I love mangoes, they are delicious and they smell heavenly. Looking forward to Indonesian .dining

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the food can be spicy. But I can say in Indonesian please do not make it spicy.Here it goes, Muaf tidak pedas ya!

    ReplyDelete