Saturday, June 18, 2011

I have rode in this golden chariot for the past 14 days (actually 13.5 days....one day the AC had to be repaired and we were given a different driver & during our last school visit the car broke down and we were given two drivers in two separate vehicles. :( ) in the streets of Indonesia.  We had a safe and competent driver named Midun (pronounced Mid Dune) in this golden chariot. He put my heart at ease most days.  Oh how I wish he spoke English!  He just laughs and smiles at us!
Now this is the group that I came to Indonesia with....I have superlatives to give out to them all!

Chad on the far left is actually Deacon Chad  Kee (he earned the name based on how he sings any song...gospel, R&B....it literally all has the same tone) from the Baptist church and affectionately known as Big Brother Chad (he has given me so much wisdom and set me straight).
Mary is affectionately known as Soul Sister and she gets the Purple Heart for always turning purple/red when we talk about anything extremely funny or embarrassing!
Katrina is Mrs. Indonesia because I will return with my family and friends and the Night Night Award (for all the off the wall comments that I say!
Kathleen has earned the International Trade Award because of her major and natural ability to embrace many cultures.
Cameron gets the Diplomat Award.
Aja gets the Best Impersonation Award "one for me and one for the driver!"
Bettina has earned the Linguistic Award she can speak Indonesian, Spanish, and English!
Agustina gets the Indonesian of the Year Award for arranging all the events that we had in Indonesia and for her personal translator/interpreter abilities.
Dr. Hagedorn gets the International Traveler of the Year Award.

2 comments:

  1. And what about my friend Aja?!!! So happy you are enjoying yourself. you guys look great and very American.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, Aja said she "got over here and cut up"!

    ReplyDelete