Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First International Flight...

Journal thoughts from my first international flight Monday, June 6, 2011 and Tuesday, June 7, 2011.
These were written somewhere over the world while on the Korean Air "Seoul" plane!


We are world travelers! During the plane ride I watched the highlights of the Pittsburgh Steelers becoming world champions in the Super Bowl XL in Detroit, Michigan against the Seahawks! A lot of hard work got Jerome Bettus to play against the Seattle, Superhawks in his home town. So history has been made....four African American doctoral students  traveled to Indonesia to study abroad!  All of our individual experiences in life (personal and professional) afforded us the opportunity to shine while traveling with the group!:)


3 classes of seating on this plane....First Class, Prestige Class, then Economy Class.
Mint green seating greets you once you board the plane....Then you have 3 areas of sky blue seating for as far as you can see!  I believe I heard someone say that 550 passengers were aboard the flight.  As it turns out there was upstairs seating....I have no clue what color their seating was above us but I imagine a soothing color!
At 6 p.m. Iowa time we were half way to Seoul, Korea. As I look at the map (detailing our origination) I listen to Mary Mary and fully embrace the sounds of the song I Don't Believe that He Brought Me This Far To Leave Me.    With four hours remaining on the flight (9 hours had already passed) I feel the stuffiness of the plane and realize that we are crossing the Arctic Ocean. I took my Seoul plane complimentary slippers off for a refreshing cool wave of air on the sole of my feet.
 On June 7 we were aboard a 7+ hour flight with our legs stretched out in all 3 seats (for the first time ever) and I drooled! I completed my Customs Declaration for the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Indonesia Directorate General of Customs and Excise and a The Republic of Indonesia Arrival/Departure Card!
Now it is time to leave Indonesia today, June 21, 2011...So I just had an encounter....I was identified as a foreigner!  So, I took a photo and an immigration officer almost arrested me!  But hey....I got the photo, I will post it as soon as I can! Pray....I am on my way back to America.
See you at 3:40 p.m. at DSM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment