Friday, June 17, 2011

Spelman College now shared with Indonesia

Greetings fellow family, friends, and colleagues,
Today, I presented at Universitas Pelita Harapan (UPH) in Indonesia....yes, I created a very unique powerpoint that shared my journey through Spelman College and the linkage to Iowa State University.  Spelman College, I hope that I made you proud! I gave away book marks, t-shirts, folders, and other good items that were in my personal collection! It is simply my hope that someone will proudly say what they learned about Spelman College on the streets of Indonesia (shhhh....I gave a t-shirt to a male college student....yes it was blue! Hopefully, he will represent well!)  My ISU colleagues said I did well but really the energy in the room caused me to present as if Christ was sitting before me!:)  I seized the moment! I maximized the moment! I enjoyed the moment!  For students of Spelman College, thanks for making my experiences at Spelman College simply the best.  To the Mathematics Department and Provost of Spelman College, many thanks for believing in me and pushing me to return to graduate school.  I realize now that I am in Indonesia that you simply saw many things in me that I did not see in myself at the time.  This study abroad experience has been very beneficial to me on many professional and personal levels.
I have to go now and plant my tree with my name on it for President University!  Now that I am planting it, I simply hope others will nurture it!
To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment