Thursday, June 16, 2011

Muslim Universities In Indonesia

Greetings my fellow blog followers....Indonesia has several muslim universities.  Today we visited Universitas Al Azhar Indonesia (UAI) and Universitas Negeri Jakarta (UNJ).  So here are some highlights of the day...At UAI I welcomed the opportunity to collaborate on my dissertation with a physicist who is interested in helping the people of Indonesia with their educational policy concerns!  Yes, I publicly accepted his challenge and look forward to future research collaborations that will afford me the opportunity to travel abroad! Meanwhile, I also found myself in an interesting dialogue with the Vice Minister of Human Rights at UNJ and eating a feast of Indonesian food and of course, my cucumbers.  So to highlight UNJ, I am going to attempt to upload a video. Keep your fingers crossed!   Okay...I tried, I will try again next time!:)  So back to the Vice Minister of Law and Human Rights....He said the following, "Obama is the  first Indonesian to be President of the United States of America. It is quite possible that we (Americans visiting Indonesia) can now become President of Indonesia".  I do not know about you but all things are possible if you just believe!  My new found wisdom filled mentor, Indonesian Vice Minister of Law and Human Rights also said that he would like for Americans to know that "Islam was hated by America in the past.  President Bush had the wrong understanding."  In paraphrase of his response to my question....what would you like for us (Americans visiting Indonesia) to take back as a message to America....move on from the  past!
Friends, family, and colleagues he has a point.  Our experiences here have afforded me a plethora of opportunities to educate and empower them about the insights of African Americans, Black Americans, African American women, educated women who happen to be African American.  I am seizing every moment to stand up for what I know to be TRUTH!  Yes, I am (or shall I say we are) defying stereotypes and demystifying myths that people have about African Americans!  Yes, I had to come all the way to Indonesia to do (what I do daily in America) but hey....our beloved President, Mr. Barak Obama paved the way.  So now the opportunity lies with you today to hold up your end of the bargain and represent us well in all that you do!
P.S. I have limited internet service as stated before, but I need your prayers.  The Muslims pray 5 times per day! Please commit to joining me in praying earnestly!
Prayers of the righteous availeth much!
God Bless each of you. Tomorrow is a big day for me....I present again in Indonesia...this time at the Universitas Pelita Harapan!
To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment