Saturday, June 18, 2011

Missing home just a little bit right now....

So I am in a British and Indian pub named Eastern Promise in Jakarta, Indonesia.  They have free Wi-Fi!!! To be true to this experience....I am seizing this moment! So I am in a room (with AC mind you) listening to the Indonesia Study Abroad group sing Al Green song "Let's Stay Together" and all these American songs!  I am missing my husband, children, and mom!  I did not realize that I have been talking about them so much to the group.  Earlier today they teased me about it and darn it, I realized that it would be so great to have them close by (in Indonesia that is....).  I am not ready to leave but would love to have my people in this country with me. I miss the hugs from Vijay.  The "I love yous" from Victoria! I never thought I would say this but I miss combing her hair!  I miss burying my head in Vladimir's chest at night and laughing at all our inside jokes....that is where I feel the safest at night!  I also miss terribly watching the OWN network and Oprah with my mom.  I am grateful for the support they give me so that I can be here in Indonesia.  I can be a hand full at times when I am home but somehow they still LOVE me!
If you are a wife/husband....love and appreciate your husband/wife!  Appreciate him/her in the following ways:
1. for being your business partner
2. for being your lover
3. for being your soul mate
4. for parenting our children
5. for being your friend
I learned those five appreciations from the best therapist in the world Dr. Lewis T. Kola in Atlanta, Georgia.
For the children parents give lots of LOVE, hugs, more of YOU and less on the things.
For the mothers/fathers...thank them often for what they deposited in YOU!
Okay those are my words of wisdom.... live from Indonesia!

Just give love to your household and if you see or talk to my peoples give a little love to them from the wife, mother, and daughter....Katrina Harden Williams:)

I just ordered a California grilled chicken sandwich at this pub....talk to you later! Bon Apetit!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Miss Williams! I'm Niko from today's seminar, the one who came late & sat behind you. I finally found your blog & I's say that I'm pretty much enjoy it.. :D

    Homesick is very normal but as long as you know that your family members are ok & you enjoy being in Indonesia that's fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Niko! You have a bright future ahead of you! Please let me know if you have any questions.....if I do not know, I will contact you to persons who do!
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete